Glen Cove 350th Anniversary Events
350th Anniversary Celebration
Wednesday May 23- Monday, May 31, 2018
May 23- Ribbon Cutting for Glen Cove’s Heritage Garden at Mill Pond
- The official opening of the garden featuring a brick path with names of past and present Glen Cove families and businesses.
May 24 – Glen Cove’s 350th Anniversary Family Picnic & Celebration
- Join us as we celebrate the 350th Anniversary of the founding of Glen Cove. We will honor our oldest families at Morgan Memorial Park with a free community festival featuring fireworks, food trucks, a beach Bonfire and entertainment provided by school choirs, Youth Bureau After 3 and local entertainment. 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
May 25 – Old Timers Baseball Game
- An early evening event taking place at the John Maccarone Memorial Stadium, we will host a special Old Timer’s Game featuring players using baseball equipment from the past in a spirited exhibition that is free to all. 6:00 p.m.
May 26/27 – Cove Fest Street Fair & Travel Thru Time Tours
- In downtown Glen Cove, on Glen and School streets, vendors will provide arts, crafts, jewelry, gifts, accessories, mementos, food and music. 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. There will be bus tours of historic mansions, as well as clock and time capsule dedication.
May 28 – Memorial Day Parade
- Featuring a GC 350 Anniversary Float
*Special historical exhibits at the North Shore Historical Museum and the Glen Cove Public Library throughout the month of May